bangkok, thailand - january/february 2011

shortly after phuket, i was on my way to krung thep. where is that? bangkok, the city capital of thailand. i went there for a long week holiday in time for chinese new year. 

nabs picked me up at the airport and we head straight to the church and had a wonderful sabbath. i stayed with them over the weekend. i also had the chance to meet blissyl and her family. 


with nabs, bliss & their cuties :)
monday, i met up with laurence, who was then working at united nations-bangkok hq, and stayed on his place for the rest of my stay. as laurence was working so i had the opportunity again to wonder and to explore the city on my own. 


ananta samakom throne hall

vimanmek mansion
riding the bus and train and alighting on the place where i wanted to go was quite an adventure for me. left a city zoo and wandered around nearby tourist destinations and walked until i arrived at laurence's workplace at un hq having only a city map with me, was a cool experience. 


wandering after lau's work
i went on board a small ferry along chao phraya river and visit wat pho, the grand palace, wat phra kaew and temple of dawn.


wat pho, the temple of the reclining buddha
the grand palace
wat phra kaew
temple of dawn
this trip was not all smiles and laughters, shopping and wandering. there were also tears and decisions made that make me a stronger person. but i did not let it spoil my long week holiday, i just put it at the back of my mind and enjoyed first. thankful for all the very good friends i have from all over for the comfort that time... 

anyway, i still had a good thai experience... the crowd, the massage, the food and very good friends.  

No comments:

Post a Comment