forgiveness

"forgiveness is the only way to get rid of the past. that's one of the values of prayer. it helps you unload, forgive those who have hurt you and let it go so you can get on with life." this is part of my devotional reading this morning by rick warren and i was so inspired by it. indeed, it is true...

while i was enjoying my holiday at bangkok last february 2011, i had a chat with my cousin michelle. that chat lead her to a revelation that she was not willing to spill while i was still on that holiday. but i was persistent and i assured her that i'll be fine...

a revelation that changed the course of my life. it took a lot of courage for her to tell me that my boyfriend for like 10 to 11 years had been cheating on me. i was a bit shocked knowing it, 'coz through out that relationship, a third-party had never been an issue between us. i had so much trust on him that i never thought he could do it...

we were about to get married on july of the same year, but i called-it off... one betrayal is enough to end that relationship. no matter how long we've been together...

i still went home as scheduled and met up with him and settled some few things.

and one thing that i've been wanting to do when i see him is to forgive him even if he would not ask for it.  and i'm so happy i was able to. i've been praying for guidance and strength for me to forgive him. i don't want to live and go on with my life with resentment towards him because of what he has done. i wanted to live life happily. i wanted to meet someone else who deserves me and that someone i deserved as well. and i thought i will not be able to until i forgive him...

glad i'm brave enough to forgive him... and so i'm living a happy life now. smiling everyday knowing that someone loves me this much.

if we can, let us forgive those who have hurt us as much as God the Son offered His life on the cross to forgive our sins.

No comments:

Post a Comment